Ada Health, Inc.
Ada is a global health company founded by doctors, scientists, & industry pioneers to create new possibilities for personal health. Connecting medical knowledge with intelligent technology, Ada helps people manage their health while supporting medical professionals to provide care. Ada partners with global-leading companies, health systems, & non-profit organizations to improve experiences, efficiency, and outcomes. Ada has helped millions of people from 140 countries since launching in 2016.
Created by doctors, scientists, and industry pioneers to bring the future of personalized health to everyone.
Type of Organization
Startup - Newly established businesses, investable
Size of Organization
Organization Mailing Address
745 5th Avenue
New York, 10151
Created by medical doctors & scientists, powered by a unique reasoning engine: Ada's solutions support users, medical professionals, payers, businesses, & health systems across the globe to improve outcomes and care efficiency. Ada's symptom assessments can help people understand why they feel unwell, so they can make informed care decisions. Our platform integrates seamlessly with our partners' processes, assisting users in navigating care systems and directing them to appropriate local care.
For consumers, Ada brings a free, world-class symptom assessment to everyone, no matter where they are. Available in seven languages, Ada's personalized health reports help millions of people across the globe understand their symptoms, make informed care decisions, and manage their health. With its comprehensive condition library and medical reasoning engine, Ada can support timely detection of diseases, both common and rare.
For businesses, Ada can:
- reduce unnecessary doctor visits: Based on Ada's current data, one in ten health complaints can be managed at home. By helping users understand the severity of their symptoms, Ada can help reduce costs associated with unnecessary doctor visits.
- redirect users away from high-cost care: Ada can guide users to appropriate care at the right time, reducing strain on high-cost services, such as emergency rooms, and increasing efficiency.
- facilitate early intervention and prevention: Ada's comprehensive disease models can facilitate early detection and intervention of conditions including uncommon and rare diseases. Early rare disease intervention can help accelerate diagnosis and treatment, which can reduce the costs associated with misdiagnosis for health services and insurers.
- promote user acquisition, engagement, and retention: Ada drives additional traffic through partners' digital health products by promoting user interactions and conversion opportunities.
- generate data insights: Ada's aggregated data insights give organizations a holistic view of their users. This can help drive increased population segmentation and insights, educating the product development process, driving user retention, and increasing profitability.
- help tackle COVID-19: Ada's comprehensive COVID-19 solutions help organizations worldwide adapt during the pandemic and beyond. Available in multiple languages, the integrated back-to-work solution can facilitate employee screening, testing, and self-monitoring to support teams returning to workplaces.
Category of Innovation
Digital Health - A digital health solution is a technology-based solution whose user is caring for or providing care for themselves (think of a personal app) or another individual (such as a doctor using a tool to help their patient)
Intended End User
Patient - Individuals who receive health care
Provider - Individuals or organizations responsible for providing care to patients (e.g. doctors, nurses, hospital/clinic administrators, etc.)
Problem (i.e. barrier, issue, complication, etc.) being solved for the end user
Every year, billions of dollars are wasted around the world on inappropriate care provision. In the US, over 30 percent of misdiagnosis costs can be attributed to patients going to the wrong place at the first step of their care journey. Meanwhile, individuals are demanding more immediate answers and personalized solutions, with 80 percent of people seeking health information online. Online health information usually isn't written or checked by medical professionals and can lead to dangerous outcomes and additional burdens on care systems.
The healthcare industry is responding by shifting toward more consumer-centric models and personalized care to meet the needs of their customers. Access to personalized information on next steps for care, whenever and wherever they need it, can save people time and give them greater peace of mind during their health journey. For health organizations, this can mean more engaged, healthier consumers; appropriate use of services; improved cost efficiencies; and insightful population-level data.
Idea/solution to the problem, if applicable
Ada helps people proactively manage their health while supporting medical professionals. Ada takes the user through a comprehensive health assessment, starting with basic demographic information, risk factors, and the symptoms that are troubling them most. Ada's reasoning engine and medical knowledge database then determine the probability of various associated conditions and relevant care options based on the user's input. When working with partners, we map their care facilities, providers, digital services, and other care navigation options to our assessment. Together, this enables us to help the user navigate from their initial assessment to an appointment at the right facility with an appropriate medical professional.
Level of adoption (i.e. list of customers/users, testimonials, etc.), if applicable
User adoption and growth: With more than 8 million users, 15 million complete assessments, and 250,000 five-star ratings since November 2016, Ada is the number one medical app for 140 countries. Every three seconds, someone turns to Ada for health information.
Enterprise partnerships: We're proud to partner with world-leading healthcare organizations, including pharmaceutical giant, Novartis and leading US health system, Sutter Health. The foundation of these partnerships is Ada's clinical excellence, which unlocks value and use cases for our partners.
Global health partnerships: We're also proud to work with leading philanthropic organizations, including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Fondation Botnar. Through these partnerships, we're improving healthcare access in low- and middle-income countries. Some of our work includes making Ada available in Swahili and bringing health information to people in East Africa who often have limited access to healthcare services.
Impact (i.e. measurable outcomes), if applicable
We can share a case study completed with Sutter Health after we have a signed NDA.
Ada is currently a certified ISO 27001 company and is currently in the process of becoming ISO 13485 certified, expected in Q3 2020. Ada has received the Health on the Net (HONcode) certification. Additionally, Ada is compliant with GDPR, HIPAA, and CCPA.