Health Catalyst is a leading provider of data and analytics technology and services to healthcare organizations, and is committed to being the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement. Its customers leverage the cloud-based data platform—powered by data from more than 100 million patient records and encompassing trillions of facts—as well as analytics software and professional services expertise to make data-informed decisions and realize measurable improvements.
To be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement
Type of Organization
Vendor - i.e. Established companies, non-startup
Size of Organization
Organization Mailing Address
3165 Millrock Drive #400
Salt Lake City, UT 84121
Care Management Suite
The Care Management Suite is a data-driven care management solution with tools and processes that deliver visibility across the continuum for high-risk and at-risk populations, facilitate more streamlined and patient-centric workflows, improve the quality of patient care, and reduce overall costs. With data analytics revealing opportunities for improvement throughout the process, the Care Management Suite improves clinical, operational, and financial outcomes.
Healthcare teams work to manage care across a continuum, but few have the tools needed to see the overall patient journey—and monitor performance along the way. With the Care Management Suite, users can center care planning on the patient, from identifying populations and intervention needs, to assigning teams and tasks, to tracking progress and return on engagement—all in one transparent, analytics-driven flow.
This suite brings together Health Catalyst’s deep care management expertise and the analytic power of Care Management applications.
Benefits & Features
• Optimize the entire workflow process – An end-to-end, integrated, flexible workflow helps drive the organization’s care management work, maximizes operational and clinical data collected through daily assessments and care management activities, and provides ongoing analytic insights.
• Leverage an analytics-first approach to care management – With a focus on analytics, the Care Management Suite is driven by the DOS™ analytics platform and leverages AI and machine learning to track and improve outcomes.
• Aggregate rich sets of claims and clinical data – A set of aggregated claims and EMR data, patient identity management, terminology, DOS Marts™, and the analytics capabilities in DOS (which includes predefined content) is ready-to-use—or customizable to meet healthcare systems where they are.
Use case example:
• A care team (care managers, nurses, social workers, analysts, pharmacists, and others) is struggling to manage patients with chronic conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic. With constantly changing testing and treatment guidelines, population definitions, and public health activities—as well as patients in care management programs with missed treatments and those avoiding healthcare offices due to fear of exposure—the team finds their current care management platform inefficient. With the Care Management Suite, they can more readily adapt—they can change the populations in an instant in Population Builder: Stratification Module, collaborate to provide optimal care for patients in Population Care Flow, and monitor results and patient engagement in Population Care Insights. As the healthcare system begins to recover from COVID-19, the care team relies on financial measures and care planning to safely get patients back into the office.
Category of Innovation
Innovative Services - Innovative services include new processes, policies or procedures in the health care system that do not fall into the other health care innovation categories
Intended End User
Provider - Individuals or organizations responsible for providing care to patients (e.g. doctors, nurses, hospital/clinic administrators, etc.)
Problem (i.e. barrier, issue, complication, etc.) being solved for the end user
With the spiraling cost of healthcare in the U.S., the transition to value-based care is now an imperative—but population health work can seem overwhelming and risky with the ever-changing healthcare environment. Traditional care management tools offer inflexible, black-box point solutions—resulting in distrust of the system and continued challenges with transforming quality, cost, and delivery of care.
As healthcare systems become more integrated and focus on return on investment (ROI), the need to coordinate care across different healthcare environments and teams becomes more critical. This requires a care management platform with integrated, transparent, and comprehensive data (data based on claims, EMR, clinical, and more—not just billing).
Idea/solution to the problem, if applicable
The Care Management Suite is a comprehensive, data-driven care management solution with an approach to transforming patient care within population health management initiatives. It relies on data analytics to identify appropriate changes in care delivery to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes.
Level of adoption (i.e. list of customers/users, testimonials, etc.), if applicable
• Hospital Sisters Health System
• Allina Health
• Partners HealthCare
Impact (i.e. measurable outcomes), if applicable
Seeking to drive down unnecessary cost, Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS) needed a way to automate risk stratification of patients who may benefit from care management services and eliminate the burdensome manual work its care managers were performing to identify at-risk patients. HSHS utilized a population health analytics platform to accurately risk stratify its care management and identify patients who would benefit from additional care management interventions.
• 100 percent relative improvement in efficiency for the risk-stratified patient identification workflow.
Allina Health leveraged its analytics platform and Health Catalyst professional services to perform an analysis demonstrating the impact of pharmacist-led medication therapy management (MTM).
• $2,085 mean total cost of care reduction per patient in the six-month period after the first pharmacist MTM encounter; over $590,000 extrapolated out over 283 MTM patients.
• 12 percentage point reduction in hospital admissions per 1,000 members and a 10 percentage point reduction in emergency department visits per 1,000 members.