Payment & Incentives
- Thanks to an abundance of feedback, we have heard consistently that the current health care incentive structure poses a barrier to innovation
- The community has communicated that if payment is aligned with value, the health care delivery system will be further incentivized to “pull” innovation from the changemaker community to improve overall quality and affordability
- To help us better understand the current state of payment reform and to identify areas where the community could add value, we completed interviews with 34 stakeholders representing the traditional health care sectors and the entrepreneur community*
Identify Challenges and Opportunities
- We then took the community’s valuable insights and distilled them down to five common themes and 10 potential community-powered initiatives
Coming up February 4-5, 2021, join us for two days of fast-paced solutioning with over 100 health care collaborators spanning the 5 Points of Health Care™ and supporting experts. This unique hackathon seeks participants who are interested in developing care and payment models that align stakeholder incentives with better health outcomes. Registration will be limited! Please apply today!
2. We continue to vet a working document of our initial findings and initiating efforts to build out projects from the community-powered inventory of ideas
*NOTE: All stakeholder interviews were conducted in confidence to enable candid discussion and open dialogue; feedback has been anonymized and summarized.