Cambia Grove Fireside Chats consist of Under the Boughs in Seattle, WA and Under the Aspens in Salt Lake City, UT and bring together national thought leaders to discuss the future of health care.
Past topics include:
- Creating a Customer-Centric Health Care Experience
- The Move to Value
- Democratizing Health Data
- Startups in an Age of Health Care Transformation
- Using Innovation and Financial Incentives to Drive the Shift to Value
- Artificial Intelligence in Health Care
- Patients as Agents of Change: Myth or Reality?
- A High-Tech, High-Touch Vision for Health Care
- Digital Health - The Good, the Bad & the Ugly
- An Investor's Perspective on the Future of Health Care
Under the Boughs - taking place in Seattle, WA with series Founder and moderator Lee Huntsman, PhD.
During the course of the 90-minute fireside chat, Huntsman guides an interactive dialogue covering an array of issues relevant to health care transformation.
Past Speakers include:
- Christine Bechtel -- President & Chief Strategist, X4 Health
- Hans Bishop -- Founder & former CEO, Juno Therapeutics
- Bruce Greenstein -- Chief Technology Officer (CTO) U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Aneesh Chopra -- Former U.S. Chief Technology Officer
- Rob Coppedge -- CEO, Echo Health Ventures
- Congresswoman Suzan DelBene
- Mike Koppel -- Former CFO of Nordstrom, Board Chair at Cambia Health Solutions
- Robert S. Mecklenburg, MD -- Virginia Mason
- Dr. Don Rucker -- National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)
- Rajeev Singh -- CEO, Accolade
- Wendy Sue L. Swanson, MD, MBE -- Pediatrician, Chief of Digital Innovation, Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Connie Phelps -- VP of Hospital Solutions, Wildflower Health
Under the Aspens - taking place in Salt Lake City, UT.
During the course of the 90-minute fireside chat, our host guides an interactive dialogue covering an array of issues relevant to health care transformation.
Inaugural Under the Aspens event welcomed Dr. Elisabeth Rosenthal, Author of An American Sickness.
Past topics include:
- US Health Care: Past & Present
- Palliative Care
Past speakers include:
- Dr. Elisabeth Rosenthal, Editor-in-Chief at Kaiser Health News
- Peggy Maguire, President of the Cambia Health Foundation, and Senior VP, Corporate Social Responsibility and Palliative Care Solutions for Cambia Health Solutions.
About Lee Huntsman, PhD
After distinguished service in academic leadership spanning more than two decades, Lee Huntsman was named President Emeritus by the University of Washington Board of Regents in July 2004. In this role, he provided leadership in a variety of scientific and policy initiatives underway at the University and in the State of Washington. From 2005 to 2012, he also served as the first executive director of the Life Sciences Discovery Fund Authority, a public-private partnership intended to advance life sciences research in the state.
A particular focus during Dr. Huntsman’s tenure at the UW has been the identification and initiation of new interdisciplinary programs. Currently he is exploring ways the UW and Washington state might become more agile and successful in the reinvention of health care.
Dr. Huntsman is a Fellow of the American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, the Biomedical Engineering Society and the American Association for the Advancement of Science.