What information do we collect?
We collect two kinds of information:
- Information that you directly provide to us.
- Information that we automatically collected through your use of the Website (“automatically collected information”).We may use this information to help customize your experience based on your previous activities on the Website.
Information you provide directly to us
Through use of the Website, you may provide certain information to us including:
- Your name
- Contact information
- Social medial handles (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Contributed content such as ideas, suggestions, feedback, documents, and/or proposals.
Comments, conversations and other public activities
Automatically collected information
We use various technologies to manage the Website and track use of the content we provide, including:
- the IP address used when registering and submitting content to the site
- standard web analytics information
- aggregated data about email click-through rates and video viewing
- information collected through HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
Automatically collected information collected using these technologies may be combined with information you provide directly to us.
We may automatically collect information about the computer, mobile device or other device you use to access the Website, such as IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information.
This information may be used to offer you optimized experiences based on your device or location.
How we use the information we gather
Providing requested services:
We may use the information that we collect to fulfill your requests for services and information. For example, we may use your contact information to respond to your inquiry/requests, or to enable registration for one of our events.
E-mail and newsletters
If you sign up for one of our email or newsletters, we will send you the email or newsletter that you requested. We may also use the information that we collect to send you other communications, such as information about our events. You may opt out of receiving this information by following the directions in the email or newsletter to unsubscribe.
We perform statistical analyses of users of the site, and their viewing and participation patterns, for product development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our audience.
We may employ third parties to perform site-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, billing and email distribution. These third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
Please note that in performing these tasks on our behalf, third parties may collect data about you, including your IP address and information about the websites you visit and the links you click, through cookies, clicks on links, or other means.
In addition to the uses identified above, we may use the information that we collect for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
No Selling of Your Data
We do not sell the information we collect.
Protection of your information
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative controls to protect your information. Please note that no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure.
Children under the age of 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us.
Accessing and Deleting Collected Data
You may access and share the data that we have about you. If you have any concerns about the accuracy of the data, send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete the previous data you have consented to share with us, you may do so by contacting Customer Support. When you request for us to delete your previously provided data, it will be deleted within 60 days after your request unless we reach out to you to request additional time to delete your data.
To unsubscribe from our emails or newsletters, click on the link at the bottom of an email or newsletter you have received.
California Consumer Privacy Act
California Citizen Rights. Individuals who reside in the state of California, a “consumer,” as that term is defined under California law, have additional rights reserved under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the California Shine the Light law:
- Protected Health Information Excluded. Any personal information you provide or that we collect in connection with administering or providing your healthcare benefits, or your status as a member of our one of our health plans in connection with your healthcare, will be handled in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Federal Standards, which preempts and is excluded from the requirements of the CCPA.
- Right to Opt-Out. We do not sell personal information.
- Right to Request Personal Information. You have the right to request the categories of personal information, as detailed under the CCPA, we have collected and store about you.
- Right to Delete Personal Information. You have the right to request we delete personal information we, or our service providers, store about you. Please keep in mind our response to such a request may include an explanation of the business purpose under which we may retain your information (for example, we would need to retain copies of a business transaction for financial records) in accordance with the CCPA.
- Non-Discrimination. If you elect to exercise any rights under this section of our Privacy Statement, we will not discriminate or retaliate against you.
If you are a California consumer and have additional questions based on this section of our Privacy Statement, please use this web form, email us at email@example.com, or call us toll-free at 877-878-2273. Also, be sure to check this policy for updates as we will review it at least every 12 months and make updates as necessary.
Identity Verification Requirement. We are required by law to verify that any data access request submitted under the authority of the CCPA was made by someone with the legal right to access the personal information requested. Therefore, prior to accessing or divulging any information pursuant to a data subject access request, under the terms of the CCPA, we may request that you provide us with additional information in order for us to verify your identity and legal authority.
Access Request Responses. Under the CCPA, there may be certain circumstances where we would deny your request to access, receive, or delete personal information we hold. For example, we would deny requests where any such access or disclosure would interfere with our regulatory or legal obligations or where we cannot verify your identity. We also have the ability under the CCPA to deny requests if it would result in our disproportionate cost or effort. However, even where we will not substantively complete a request made under the CCPA, we will still provide a response and explanation to your request within a reasonable time frame and as required by law.
Contact Us. To make a request please contact us at please contact the us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “CCPA Personal Information Request” in the subject line, and provide us with full details in relation to your request, including your contact information and any other detail you feel is relevant.