The TRAILS Competition has been designed to provide promising startups access to real-world feedback to refine their solutions to support health care system integration. The winner will gain a better understanding of how their product can be implemented to improve the health care system.
The 2021 Competition Challenge
During the COVID-19 pandemic, approximately 4 in 10 adults in the U.S. have reported symptoms of anxiety or depression. Simultaneously, it has become increasingly difficult to access the necessary treatment and services. There has never been a more pressing time to advance innovative solutions across the behavioral health continuum. This year’s competition is seeking solutions to address challenges in behavioral health in a clinical setting.
The Grand Prize Partners
Thank you to Providence Digital Innovation Group and MultiCare Behavioral Health Network for partnering with us on this year's TRAILS Competition! This year’s grand prize winner will engage in a series of informational interviews and workshops with strategy, clinical, operational and venture partners at Providence and MultiCare.
- Patient: Gabe Howard, Host of Inside Mental Health podcast, Patient Orator
- Payer: Andree Micelli, Behavioral Health Clinical Director, Regence
- Policymaker: Michael Langer & Keri Waterland, Ph.D, MAOB, Washington State Health Care Authority
- Provider: Tatiana Popov, Program Manager for Collaborative Care, MultiCare Behavioral Health Network
- Purchaser: Michael B. Garrett, Principal, Mercer
The top 5 finalists will participate in a tour of the 5 Points of Health Care™, gathering real-world insights from a number of experts. They will then compete in a pitch competition for the grand prize.
- September 30: Virtual Kickoff Event
- October 1-31: Application Period
- November 1-30: Judging Period
- December 2: Finalists announced; begin tour of the 5 Points of Health Care™
- January 2022: Complete tour of 5 Points of Health Care; prepare for virtual pitch event
- Wednesday February 2nd: Virtual pitch event where the grand prize winner will be selected
- Following the finale, begin engagement with MultiCare and Providence prize partners
- Investable Startup Company
- Company or product has not won the TRAILS Competition in the last three years
- Solution relevant to the U.S. health care market
- Product/service should be at least a minimum viable product and/or a prototype in its development
- Solution should be in alignment with requirements to be included in the Impactful Innovation Exchange:
- Seek to positively impact at least one component of the Triple Aim (improvements in population health, experience of care, & per capita cost) without negatively impacting the other components
- Fall within Cambia Grove's Impactful Innovation Process
TRAILS Competition Virtual Pitch: Bringing Solutions to Behavioral Health
Join Cambia Grove for the 2021 TRAILS Competition finale event. The Top 5 finalists will virtually pitch to a panel of judges.
TRAILS Competition Launch: Bringing Solutions to Behavioral Health
On September 30, we kicked off the TRAILS Competition with speakers from Providence Digital Innovation Group, MultiCare Behavioral Health Network and Patient Orator. These experts shared their thoughts around the types of innovations that can best support patients as well as offer advice for TRAILS Competition applicants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about judging criteria, terms and conditions, IP and more? Check out our FAQs.
Behavioral Health Resource Guide
Want to learn more about behavioral health? Check out our resource guide!
Check out past winners!
2020 TRAILS Competition
Winner: Community Collaboratory
Fall 2019 TRAILS Competition
Spring 2019 TRAILS Competition
Winner: BrainChild Technologies
Spring 2018 TRAILS Competition