The TRAILS Competition has been designed to provide promising startups access to real-world feedback to refine their solutions to support health care system integration. The winner will gain a better understanding of how their product can be implemented to improve the health care system.
The 2021 Competition Challenge
During the COVID-19 pandemic, approximately 4 in 10 adults in the U.S. have reported symptoms of anxiety or depression. Simultaneously, it has become increasingly difficult to access the necessary treatment and services. There has never been a more pressing time to advance innovative solutions across the behavioral health continuum. This year’s competition is seeking solutions to address challenges in behavioral health in a clinical setting.
The Grand Prize Partners
Thank you to Providence Digital Innovation Group and MultiCare Behavioral Health Network for partnering with us on this year's TRAILS Competition! The top 5 finalists will participate in a tour of the 5 Points of Health Care™, gathering real-world insights from a number of experts. The top 5 finalists will then compete in a pitch competition for the grand prize. This year’s grand prize winner will engage in a series of informational interviews and workshops with strategy, clinical, operational and venture partners at Providence and MultiCare.
TRAILS Competition Launch: Bringing Solutions to Behavioral Health
Join us September 30 for the TRAILS Competition Kickoff event featuring speakers from Providence Digital Innovation Group, MultiCare Behavioral Health Network and Patient Orator. These experts will share their thoughts around the types of innovations that can best support patients as well as offer advice for TRAILS Competition applicants.
- September 30: Virtual Kickoff Event
- October 1-31: Application Period
- November 1-30: Judging Period
- December 2: Finalists announced; begin tour of the 5 Points of Health Care™
- January 2022: Complete tour of 5 Points of Health Care; prepare for virtual pitch event
- February 2022: Virtual pitch event where the grand prize winner will be selected
- Following the finale, begin engagement with MultiCare and Providence prize partners
- Investable Startup Company
- Company or product has not won the TRAILS Competition in the last three years
- Solution relevant to the U.S. health care market
- Product/service should be at least a minimum viable product and/or a prototype in its development
- Solution should be in alignment with requirements to be included in the Impactful Innovation Exchange:
- Seek to positively impact at least one component of the Triple Aim (improvements in population health, experience of care, & per capita cost) without negatively impacting the other components
- Fall within Cambia Grove's Impactful Innovation Process
Join us on the Trail to TRAILS!
We are bringing back past TRAILS Competition winners to host individual events offering insight into their work in the health innovation space, the uniqueness of the prizes offered for TRAILS and more. Details below! You must be a member to register. Learn more and apply to be a member today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about judging criteria, terms and conditions, IP and more? Check out our FAQs.
Behavioral Health Resource Guide
Want to learn more about behavioral health? Check out our resource guide!
Check out past winners!
2020 TRAILS Competition
Winner: Community Collaboratory
Fall 2019 TRAILS Competition
Spring 2019 TRAILS Competition
Winner: BrainChild Technologies
Spring 2018 TRAILS Competition