Under the Boughs
Grove: a group of trees that grow closely together
Bough: a main branch of a tree
Under the Boughs is Cambia Grove's exclusive quarterly fireside chat featuring thought leaders from a broad range of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives to discuss the future of health care. These events illustrate the convening space of our work while symbolizing the interconnectedness we often share as we advance health care transformation.
Under the Boughs offers a chance for the community to take a step back from the day-to-day focus of our work and elevate our perspective to see the broader ecosystem. With new vantage points and insights, we hope to better understand what needs to be fulfilled to achieve a more person-focused and economically sustainable health care system, To find our upcoming events, check out our calendar.
Under the Boughs, frequently moderated by University of Washington President Emeritus, Lee Huntsman PhD, has featured guest speakers such as:
- Christine Bechtel -- President & Chief Strategist, X4 Health
- Hans Bishop -- Founder & former CEO, Juno Therapeutics
- Bruce Greenstein -- Chief Technology Officer (CTO) U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Aneesh Chopra -- Former U.S. Chief Technology Officer
- Rob Coppedge -- CEO, Echo Health Ventures
- Congresswoman Suzan DelBene--District 1, Washington
- Mike Koppel -- Former CFO of Nordstrom, Board Chair at Cambia Health Solutions
- Robert S. Mecklenburg, MD -- Virginia Mason
- Dr. Don Rucker -- National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)
- Rajeev Singh -- CEO, Accolade
- Wendy Sue L. Swanson, MD, MBE -- Pediatrician, Chief of Digital Innovation, Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Connie Phelps -- VP of Hospital Solutions, Wildflower Health
- Dr. Elisabeth Rosenthal, Editor-in-Chief at Kaiser Health News
- Peggy Maguire, President of the Cambia Health Foundation, and Senior VP, Corporate Social Responsibility and Palliative Care Solutions for Cambia Health Solutions.
Past topics include:
- Creating a Customer-Centric Health Care Experience
- The Move to Value
- Democratizing Health Data
- Startups in an Age of Health Care Transformation
- Using Innovation and Financial Incentives to Drive the Shift to Value
- Artificial Intelligence in Health Care
- Patients as Agents of Change: Myth or Reality?
- A High-Tech, High-Touch Vision for Health Care
- Digital Health - The Good, the Bad & the Ugly
- An Investor's Perspective on the Future of Health Care
About Lee Huntsman, PhD
After distinguished service in academic leadership spanning more than two decades, Lee Huntsman was named President Emeritus by the University of Washington Board of Regents in July 2004. In this role, he provided leadership in a variety of scientific and policy initiatives underway at the University and in the State of Washington. From 2005 to 2012, he also served as the first executive director of the Life Sciences Discovery Fund Authority, a public-private partnership intended to advance life sciences research in the state.
A particular focus during Dr. Huntsman’s tenure at the UW has been the identification and initiation of new interdisciplinary programs. Currently he is exploring ways the UW and Washington state might become more agile and successful in the reinvention of health care.
Dr. Huntsman is a Fellow of the American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, the Biomedical Engineering Society and the American Association for the Advancement of Science.