TRAILS Behavioral Health Resource Guide
Welcome to the behavioral health resource guide! The Cambia Grove team has compiled the below list of resources surrounding the behavioral health space. This is a living resource and we look forward to adding additional information. If you see have something that should be included, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us September 30th to kickoff the 2021 TRAILS Competition and learn more about behavioral health, the need to advance solutions and more.
What do the terms “behavioral health” and “mental health” mean?
Behavioral health can be defined as the promotion of mental health, resilience and well-being.
Mental health, which is one area of behavioral health, can include a variety of factors, such as biology, psychological state, and habits. The World Health Organization (WHO) defines mental health as “a state of well-being in which an individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and is able to make a contribution to his or her community.”
Resources from Providence Digital Innovation Group:
- Providence Digital Innovation Group Resource Center
- A Community-Inspired Conversation About Mental Health from Providence
- It’s Behavioral Health’s Time, Finally
- Scalable Behavioral Health
Kaiser Family Foundation:
King County Public Health Insider:
- Inside the Pandemic: Two Mental Health Workers & Community Volunteers Discuss how Cultural Experiences & Racial Trauma Affect Mental Health in BIPOC Communities
Latino Center for Health:
- Depression and Anxiety among Latinos: Urgent Call for Mental Health Services
- Press Release: Depression and Anxiety among Latinos: Urgent Call for Mental Health Services
LGBTQIA+ Behavioral Health Gaps:
- Bridging the LGBTQI Gap in Care: Why Psychiatrists Need To Do More To Treat These At-Risk Communities
- Mental Health America: Strength in Communities
Second Opinion from Christina Farr:
State of Reform:
Cambia Health Solutions:
- Healthier Together: Mental health first aid
- Healthier Together: The pandemic's impact on kids
- Overcoming barriers to access mental health care
Earlier this year, our former Executive Director, Maura Little, sat down with the SVP of Health Care Services and CMO for Cambia Health Solutions, Dr. Marion Couch, to discuss behavioral health and the need for solutions.